We, Karl-Volker and Annemarie, have decided to turn our lives upside down and dare something completely new. Now we live on our beautiful sailing yacht “escape” and have made sailing and traveling the center of our lives. It all started with the boat christening in March 2019. Since then escape is sailing and has already covered over 15,000 nautical miles.
Why we blog
- To keep friends, family and all our acquaintances up to date 😘🥂
- To give everyone interested the opportunity to go on a virtual journey with us 🏝⛰
- As a source of inspiration for all those who have similar projects in mind, be it a sailing trip or the Panamericana ⛵️🚌
- To provide travel tips for the regions we have traveled to for both sailors and non-sailors🎒🌏🏞🌅🏕🏜🗽🏄🏼🚴🥾🍽🍸
- To have a platform for exchange with others regarding
- sailing ⛵️
- travelling 🧳
- photography 📷
- To share practical experiences⚓️🛠
Skipper Karl sails escape more or less single handed. If he stays longer than three days at the same anchorage he gets restless. No trip is too far for him and his preferred course is as close to the wind as possible.
Annemarie is more into communication and socializing. Unlike Volker, she also likes to stay longer in one place. When sailing, she is more for shorter strokes, as she also has to deal with seasickness from time to time.
We have been a couple for almost 19 years. As you can see we have always enjoyed traveling. We also celebrated our wedding not at home, but in Mauritius, directly on the beach. Maybe one day we will sail there again? ⛵️⛵️⛵️🏝🏝🏝
Our sailing yacht
escape is a CNB66 built in 2019. She is not only a seaworthy boat, which meets all the requirements of a modern sailing yacht, but at the same time she is our home.